Bullet Resistant Glass is not only among the heaviest components in an armored vehicle but it is also located above its center of gravity. For these two reasons any Kilogram saved in BRG will considerably contribute to better vehicle handling, more functionality, economy and environmental care
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
AGP is permanently researching technologies for reducing Bullet Resistant Glass weight whether they are related to new fragile materials, polymers or production processes.
AGP lightweight BRG compositions are the result of extensive research, the incorporation and validation of new materials, and the optimization of production processes. For example, the typical weight of the BRG in a level CEN BR6 SUV is approximately 400kg. However, with AGP’s lightweight technology the weight of the BRG can be reduced by up to 63 kg.
- Better fuel efficiency.
- Lower CO2 emissions.
- Lower maintenance costs.
- Green regulatory tendency.
- Lighter components required.
- Longer components life cycle.
- Less maintenance.
- Larger payload.
- Better vehicle value.
- Faster acceleration.
- Faster deceleration.
- Better maneuverability.
- Easier attack evasion, higher safety.
Bullet Resistant Glass is a composite multi-laminated material containing different fragile and plastic layers; several of those layers, specially the plastic ones, are composed of materials which mechanical properties may change with temperature. If temperature increase of decrease is moderate, material properties changes may be irrelevant and ballistic resistance is guaranteed; however, if BRG is subject to extremely high or low temperatures, some materials may change their behavior considerably putting in risk the ballistic performance of the product. For these reason AGP has developed a Premium Line of BRG, aimed specifically to ensure ballistic resistance at extreme operating conditions.
To keep ballistic performance at high and low temperatures, AGP Premium Line incorporates two groups of materials:
• Heat control materials: these are aimed to minimize temperature variations in the critical layers of the BRG by either reflecting or absorbing energy in the outer layers of the composition.
• Temperature performance materials: this means, by using the appropriate combination of materials that keep their mechanical properties at either high or low temperatures, in the correct positions of the BRG composition.
AGP Premium Line can be applied in the following ballistic levels: CEN BR6, NIJ IV, STANAG 2, CEN BR7, STANAG 3, 30-06AP M2
- Provides complete ballistic protection at high temperatures. Developed specially for applications in warm and desert climates.
- 0°C | 55°C
- Outstanding performance in cold and hot environments. High technology BRG designed to protect you from the severest threats in a wide range of temperatures.
- -34°C | 55°C
- BRG covering the most stringent attacks in the harshest climates. The best choice for applications demanding long time exposures at extreme weather conditions. The most complete ballistic protection in AGP’s Premium portfolio.
- - 40°C | 60°C